Anyone else itch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Jul 12, 2004.

1. I've noticed that if I'm outside in the heat or if I'm excercising, I get uncontrollably itchy, all over, especially on my head, back, and shoulders. Does anyone else get this? What causes it, and how can I stop it? Thanks!
  2. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    From sweat maybe? I dunno...

I get weird periods of my hands itching like crazy. Almost a burning feeling, new to the past few weeks. I'm thinking it might be allergies or something?? I've stopped taking my medication. That or I have some rare disease and my hands are going to fall off. :help:
  3. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003

I have that too! It's called cholingenic (sp?) urticaria, which is a form of hives triggered by heat and excercise. Some people break out in rash, but I dont. I just get very very itchy, like a prickling, pins/needles itch.

You can try taking antihistamines for it, but it didnt work for me. I read somewhere that it may be linked to some kind of autoimmune problem, and people who have it reported it lasting from a few months to many years.

Here's a link to a medical article for you:
  4. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    four years ago I broke out in excema (sp). I had two different doctors and neither could find the problem!. There is a condition called contact dermatitis that causes what you have. This is aggravated (sp) by laundry detergent and some woolen type clothing. Also some soaps! My problem come to find out was my cigarette smoking! my body was not getting enough oxygen and was producing more red blood cells than necessary, thus the iching. Go see a dermatologist before you damage your skin by scatching it to death. Also did you just change shampoo's?
  5. Every once in awhile my hands will itch. It will last for awhile and just doesn't stop, but I am quite sure for me it is from work. Unless my hands are going to fall off :(

I do itch some from heat/sweat, but nothing bad.
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It might be dry skin.

I grew up in Miami which is very humid and since Ive moved to Gainesville which is dryer Ive had itching problems when Im outside.
  7. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    It is the worst feeling! I think our hands are going to fall off man. We're going to be crippled.
  8. No bass, severe martial arts handicap, and no, well other things. I hope it does't happen for awhile...tell me when yours fall off so I know about how much onger I have, I will do the same for you.