1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone Else Listen To Torche?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Deluge Of Sound, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    My friend ordered some shirts from Robotic Empire, and they threw in a couple CDs by this band, Torche. One of those bands I'd heard of, but never actually heard (I'm fairly sure they opened for Isis and Jesu, when they toured together, so that might be where I heard the name).

Anyway, they gave him a copy of their first album, and two copies of their latest EP, In Return. So I now have my own copy of In Return, and it's badass. Post-Metal, but short songs?! Egads! They're not as cerebral as Isis, or as angelic as Jesu, but they're just slightly more aggressive than either of those two.

So anyone else listen to these guys?

The Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/torche

2. I have one of their Cds. I really like the music but sometimes the lyrics are kinda stupid and flower-childy. Pretty heavy riffs though and they guys voice isn't bad, just sometimes the lyrics kill it for me. Kinda like old Kyuss(the song thumb for example)lyrics - you're really digging the music and then you hear this really dumb lyric and it throws off a little you know?