1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone else love your R bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I used to not like my R bass 5 but I got it set up really good now with some elixir strings and to tell you the truth I do not think there is another bass out there that compares to it. The more I play it the more I fall in love with it. For you guys looking for a really nice high end bass try out a R bass I am pretty sure you will love it. It tears up any bass I have played on Smith, Tobias, MTD, Fodera(alot alike). Mine has a chestnut top and headstock, alder body, wide ebony board, 5 piece neck through, Bartolini dual coils, Haz Lab pre with everything you could want on it.

Sorry for not having a pic but maybe some of you other R bass guys out there have some nice pics. If you email me I might be able to send a pic.

Man Ray has a six on his site right now that I am about to freak out to have. And to tell you the truth I would sell my 5 for the right amount so I could get that 6. I guess I would sell mine for say $2000.00 to your door? Email me if you are interested and we can talk. www.smithfv@msn.com

C-Ya

2. Where's his site?

3. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I am afraid to tell you, you might get the 6 I am wanting. But for real go to www.bassgear.com and he just put an ad today or yesterday.:bassist:

4. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Best all around bass I've ever owned :cool:

Here's a pic....