Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else love your R bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I used to not like my R bass 5 but I got it set up really good now with some elixir strings and to tell you the truth I do not think there is another bass out there that compares to it. The more I play it the more I fall in love with it. For you guys looking for a really nice high end bass try out a R bass I am pretty sure you will love it. It tears up any bass I have played on Smith, Tobias, MTD, Fodera(alot alike). Mine has a chestnut top and headstock, alder body, wide ebony board, 5 piece neck through, Bartolini dual coils, Haz Lab pre with everything you could want on it.

Sorry for not having a pic but maybe some of you other R bass guys out there have some nice pics. If you email me I might be able to send a pic.

Man Ray has a six on his site right now that I am about to freak out to have. And to tell you the truth I would sell my 5 for the right amount so I could get that 6. I guess I would sell mine for say $2000.00 to your door? Email me if you are interested and we can talk. www.smithfv@msn.com

C-Ya

2. Where's his site?

3. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I am afraid to tell you, you might get the 6 I am wanting. But for real go to www.bassgear.com and he just put an ad today or yesterday.:bassist:

4. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Best all around bass I've ever owned :cool:

Here's a pic....