Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

??? anyone else notice something odd???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SRSiegel, Dec 12, 2001.

1. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    [​IMG]

it APPEARS to be an OEM graphite neck on a stingray.... wierd... anyone got the good word?

2. I think that's one of their NAMM anniversary basses. Very limited edition. The neck was made for EB/MM by Status Graphite.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's kind of a "tribute model". Back when they were being built in New Jersey, graphite necks were one of the options they offered.

4. Yuppers. The little circle logo says something about namm in it. Would be neat to see one..

5. Wow, a Stingray that I like!

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    mmmhh... ricks on he left!

7. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Useless info time

When Pino Palladino played for Paul Young he had a sunburst Stingray with a Status Graphite neck. It soon disapeared and he had an oe neck on it (or a new bass).

Musicman did a graphite neck model called the Cutlass I played a black one and wasnt too impressed. I think they did a white one as well.

One of my local dealers has one of those grey Stingrays for £1700 (x1.4 for USD) and I darent try it.

8. 5not4

5not4

Sep 7, 2000
    Flint, MI
    I recall in the mid 80's that this was an available option. Found one at a store and had a real fast neck, practically effortless to play.

Seems like it was a Cutlass II, had two pups. Very expensive, for the time, over $1000. Green stained color or something like that.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    When I first met Bill Dickens, he had the very last Stingray w/ graphite that they made. When the Ernie Ball shop in New Jersey burned down, it was one of the basses that they were able to save.