Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else notice this about the "for sale" section?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hambone, Sep 25, 2004.

1. I can't count the number of times that someone in the "Wanted" section is seeking exactly the same item that is for sale in the "For Sale" section. This week it's a Sting Custom. It's usually something not-too-ordinary. So what are the odds that the 50 or so active sellers and the 50 or so active seekers could match up like that so often? I also have to wonder how many times these two actually close a deal.

Or is it just me? :eyebrow:

2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I have noticed that and have wanted to play matchmaker for some odd reason. :eyebrow:

3. It's just you... :smug: (nyuk nyuk)

No, but seriously I had noticed this on quite a few occasions. It makes me wonder why more people don't look in the For Sale section before posting a Wanted...(Unless the original For Sale is posted after the Wanted).

Anyways, its just a coincidence and thanks to Talkbass for helping bring buyers and sellers from all over together.

Glenn

4. I have too but I've more wanted to do it by saying something like "hey stupid, didja look here first?" :D

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

:D :D