1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone else noticed this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lordziros, May 20, 2011.

1. lordziros

lordziros

May 10, 2011
    easton pa
    i was just on guitar centers site and saw they dont sell anything made by rickenbacker, nothing. i was trying to find prices on the 4001 basses because i want to get one eventually. did they go out of business, stop manufacturing or something im just curious

2. DRafalske

DRafalske

Nov 6, 2008
    Hebron, KY
    Rickenbacker is very much still in business.
    I don't believe GC is an authorized retailer though.
    Try musiciansfriend.com, americanmusical.com, samash.com.
    They don't allow their retailers to publish their prices; you have to email or call for the price. $1950 was the last quote I received. I paid far less for my brand new 4003 though.

D

3. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    That just means that either Guitar Center is not a Rickenbacker dealer, or they're not allowed to sell Ricks online. You can find a list of dealers at Rickenbacker International Corporation

4. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    GC does not sell Ric's. Try Musicians Friend. They never post the prices. you'll need to call them.

5. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Just the opposite for Musicman. GC is the authorized dealer and Sam Ash is not.

6. I thought gtar center doesn't stock ricks either but my local one has a fire and jetglo 4003

7. Testing_123

Testing_123

Jan 23, 2011
    WMass, USA
    Retailers may not have automatic rights/permissions/whatever to carry any and all brands. Some manufacturers are quite selective about who they allow to sell their gear.

It does seem a bit odd though, considering:
    a) Guitar Center is such a big retailer.
    b) Guitar Center's sister company Musician's Friend sells Rickenbackers.

If you're looking for new online, check out Zzounds.com. Maybe not as well-known as MF, Sam Ash, or GC, but I've always had very positive dealings with them. (They sell Ricks.)

8. lordziros

lordziros

May 10, 2011
    easton pa
    they are preowned they had 1 preowned on the site
    and thanks for the info guys