Anyone else playing a neck through Stingray?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Clouz, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Clouz

Clouz The Ayatollah of Jack and Cola

Jan 26, 2013
    [​IMG] i love this bass. i had a 99 stingray but got rid of it a few years back. i don't hear much about them on TB so thought i'd get some feedback. i love the electronics and switching on this also and the HS set up works great for rock. i have never had to make a neck adjustment and the sustain is unreal. i use rotosound 66's and love the fat sound.

murphy, wmmj, sub-commandante and 3 others like this.
  2. Thummel

Thummel

Jun 24, 2007
    West Texas
    none
    Mine is not neck through but it does have the same pups and pre and sounds fantastic.

Clouz likes this.
  3. Thummel

Thummel

Jun 24, 2007
    West Texas
    none
    By the way you have one sweet rig there my friend.

Clouz likes this.
  4. Ox Boris

Ox Boris Inactive

Nov 23, 2015
    Australia
    While I don't have anything to compare it with, I love my NT Stingray. I'm really just getting to know it, experimenting with pup selecter and where I'm playing.

Clouz likes this.
  5. Clouz

Clouz The Ayatollah of Jack and Cola

Jan 26, 2013
    [​IMG] i have to admit it was a pure case of impulse buying when i got it but i always liked the style, sound and features of the stingray's. i just wish they'd make a damn 9V battery that would last for years. the only complaint is they are a bit heavy compared to my p bass, but the P bass is a bit heavy compared to my tele bass. does anyone know if they are using a different type of metal for the frets? stainless steel possibly? the last stingray i owned i had to have refretted after about a year because i like round wounds so much. this bass is holding up just fine.

dralionux likes this.
  6. sub-commandante

sub-commandante

Feb 12, 2016
    Nice, i'd totally rock that. Pretty well use the same set-up...:cool:

Clouz likes this.
  7. I like how they continued the burst on the back of the neck. Looks great. I have 2 regular rays and have never tried a nt. However, one of the things i love most about stingrays is the satin finish on the back of the neck. If they could somehow accomplish the same finish on the nt as they do on the bolt ons, id be all over that.

Clouz likes this.
  8. Ox Boris

Ox Boris Inactive

Nov 23, 2015
    Australia
    [​IMG]

After this, all the others are Frankenstein...

Clouz and murphy like this.
  9. Thummel

Thummel

Jun 24, 2007
    West Texas
    none
    Those nt's are so sexy! I use rounds too but the nickels. I don't think the nickels are as hard on frets as the stainless steels.

Clouz and Fab Superlative like this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021