Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else prefer juice/milk over soda?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Juice and/or milk is better

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. Soda all the way

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. carrotjuice? (other)

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. At the main dining hall at my university, (JMU) I notice that the lines can get pretty bad for the fountain sodas. That's no problem for me, because I just run and grab a glass of milk (whole or chocolate-I can't stand skim), and a glass of juice (they have 8 different types! :) )

I think that juice and milk taste much better than soda, and they're better for you as far as I understand. Does anyone agree?

2. Only chocolate milk. I love that stuff. Juice can be good, but I still prefer soda most of the time (and it shows :bawl: ).
    They're both certainly better for you, but juice and cocoa milk still have a lot of sugar in them, and milk is rather fattening, although years of drinking skim mild have made me highly resistant to its fattier brethren.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I like them all...

I try to not drink milk as a regular beverage so that I have it for cereal when I want/need it... And a lot of juices make me sick if I have an entire glass...

So I drink soda sorta outta necessity...

4. Huge fan of water/Milk/Juice

Ill a combination of over 3 Litres daily.

However sometimes there odd occasions when nothing hits you like a good can of pepsi/coke.

5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I don't drink soda anymore. It's pretty much water/tea/juice for me.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Big ol' water here. I regularly drink about 1-2 gallons a day, and have (after a refill run) about 8-9 gallons of cold water in the fridge.

7. I live Minute Maid juice in berry-punch and tropical-punch. I say it tastes like candy! :smug:

8. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I prefer Everclear.

9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

nothing better than mango juice.

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Juice/water is better, but I gotta have my daily Vanilla Coke (mixed with Frangelico on weekends)!

11. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i would have to agree with you on that one.

milk in the morning. juice or water for the rest of the day. gatorade after my 2 mile run and workouts. my friends say im a health freak but im really not...i just never liked the taste of soda enough to drink it alone. but some things really do call for a pepsi/coke (fajitas, burgers, pizza) and thats the only time i would drink some.

12. I like water a lot. I live out in the country (yes.........) and the water that comes out of my faucets is just as good as bottled water. Juices are good, but not too much of them. I drink a lot of milk, but mainly that's because I stuff my mouth full of honey nut cheerios and then I take a big swig o' milk right from the bottle. This saves a lot of dish washing time. I like a soda now and then, but I only drink 'em from cans. I hate cola from a bottle 'cuz it's never cold and it always tastes like the air in whatever store it comes from. For example, coke in a bottle from a tobacco store will have a really strange taste.

Speaking of carrot juice, I once saw a cooking show where some lady made carrot paste (she called it soup but it looked like paste to me) and then she put it in a bowl and garnished it.....Then I flipped the channel, and the same weird lady was playing bass in a ZZ Top tribute band, and the bass was completely inaudible....So then I finally decided to stop smoking PCP :D

13. Iced Coffe starter, water the majority, kool-aid at nite. Vanill Coke being a treat, or Dr. Pepper.

I like them Vanilla Chai drinks from D.D. as well.

I dunno why, but if I drink milk, it sits heavy in my stomach in a bad way, but if I enjoy some cereal, I never have an issue. I don't get it. I enjoy 2%, alot really, but can't do it straight-up for that reason.

As for option3, carrotjuice is quite delicious, but I prefer it very-fine style where it's a tad sweetened.

14. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Juice has ALOT of sugar in it...

Low Fat or Skim milk isn't too bad, & has quite a bit of calcium... So, that's good.. but there is a significant amount of fat, even in low fat or skim... You should have 1 glass of milk a day.

I go w/ diet sodas, my personal fav is Diet Mtn Dew.

15. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I'll take good coffe over "soda" any day.

And I'll take Chai tea over coffee any day.

16. I'd drink red bull all day if it were cheaper. I love the taste of that stuff.

17. i seem to keep a pretty even ratio with juice/milk/water-soda. i find i drink 1-2 glasses of j/m/w for every can/bottle of soda that i drink.

Charlie

18. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Juice and water all the way for me. I can't stand the taste of milk, and any carbonated drinks taste like poo to me as well.

Go ahead, call me weird ;)

19. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Milk is my definete favourite. At home (in Norway) I drink milk for every meal. The Norwegian milk is fantastic! (compared to much of the milk I've tried in other countried, that is..)

But the Coca-Cola in Norway is also fabulous, and works very well with pizza or as a stand-alone beverage. So Coke for the week-ends.