1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone else really looking forward to the new Alestorm album? (Pirate Metal Inside!!)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MiniMoose234, May 20, 2011.

1. I've got their 2 full albums and Leviathan ep with the german version of Wenches and Meade. The new music video for Shipwrecked came out a lil while ago, funny video. Cheesy and ridiculous just as intended.
    YouTube - ‪ALESTORM - Shipwrecked | Napalm Records‬‏
    The new song Back Through time is great too.
    "You put your faith in Odin and Thor, We put ours in cannons and whores!" Gotta love a semi-concept album about pirates who time travel to fight vikings.
    I'm really looking forward to it. Sounds like it'll be a good fun album. "Midget Saw" will be a total winner.

2. Col Pruse

Col Pruse

May 28, 2003
    Savannah, GA
    that's quite a specific demographic they're targeting.

"a semi-concept album about pirates who time travel to fight vikings"

3. Bozendoka

Bozendoka

Mar 13, 2011
    Minnesota
    New Alestorm? I'm looking forward to it now!

4. EGhart317

EGhart317

Oct 5, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    I'm kinda geeked to hear it

I got really into the power metal scene and related genres a few years ago and that led me to hearing "Captain Morgan's Revenge" by these guys.

I mean they're silly but some of it is actually kind of entertaining if you give it a 2nd or 3rd listen.

5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Heh, I just checked out several videos thanks to this thread. Good stuff.:D

6. Wild_Cat

Wild_Cat

Feb 14, 2009
    Montréal, QC
    Arr, a new Alestorm album! Awesome!

I discovered them with "Black Sails At Midnight", and I gotta say, while their music isn't the most technical or the most original or anything, it exudes something a lot of metal bands lack: raw, undiluted fun. This song is no exception -- I was grinning from ear to ear less than 5 seconds in. I mean, come on, it's got everything: a scottish drunk pirate singer, lots of rum and promiscuous pirate wenches, even a violin-playing midget!

So yeah, I'm looking forward to this new album now (although I still wish they'd get a proper accordion player -- the keytar synths sound cheap :( ). The concept of pirates travelling back through time to fight vikings is too awesome to pass on. I wonder if their next album will be a "pirates VS varangians" crossover collab with Turisas? I'm sure that'd make the universe collapse in a singularity of coolness. :D

7. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas