1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone else saving instead of GASsing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jefenator, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    If my credit balance was moderate, I used to think nothing of browsing for gear in the $1K range. Running a (albeit not crazy high) credit card balance was just kind a part of my lifestyle.

Well last fall I really goofed up. Bought a bunch of big toys, all the while ignoring the rotting tooth in the back of my mouth. When I finally got that looked at, the tab was about $2500.

I told the guys glass shop I could use as many hours as they could send my way. Then a few days later I get their winter survival plan, which includes cutting me back to 1 day a week. (Gulp...)

Well I eventually crawled out of the hole but it was a tough winter and this time around I'm determined to not step on my dong again. Since I'm currently busy as stink, I'm putting some away. And when things slow way way down this January, I will actually be delighted.

Another thing: I tried to get one of those zero interest loans for the dental stuff and I was declined... by the same big national bank that runs my credit card. :eyebrow: The local brick & mortar bank where they know my face came through instead. To hell with that big company; they won't get another nickel in interest from me again... ever.

I've never been much of a saver before but suddenly it just feels right. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. funkybass4ever

funkybass4ever

Dec 12, 2007
    trying to pay down the pesonal debt and saving up big for some new gear maybe in late 2010. Credit cards are from hell and I will never finance any gear ever again. Still paying on some of it after 3 years.
    I spit at debt:spit:

3. Well, as a collage student, I don't have any money to save. But you are on the right path.

lowsound

4. I'm saving.... for the new computer I've been GASing for. 2 more weeks, and I'm poor again!

5. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    No, Im just spending more on bills haha.

Being fresh out of college is a great thing these days.

But seriously, the only thing on my GAS list right now is a really nice fuzz pedal and Im about to take the plunge

6. Dale D Dilly

Dale D Dilly Monster

Jul 1, 2008
    Yeah, I just got an estimate for $1500 worth of necessary dental work today.

I wasn't even gassing for anything, but the $900 in my checking account was supposed to go to car insurance and rent this month.

I love being a student, I hate having a student style income. I'm giving my credit card to my girlfriend to hide for me.... wait maybe that's not the best person to give a credit card to :smug: