Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Endorsed?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Worshiper, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    Is anyone her at Talk Bass endorsed by a bass company? Personally I am not, but I would love to be endorsed by music man.

2. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    my band lostocean (myspace.com/lostocean) recently signed with emi and our drummer just landed an endorsement by truth drums and im pretty sure a volcom clothing sponsorship is on the way so the rest of us are gonna try to land some stuff. at this point i think i'd love any kind of endorsement. i'd be stoked for an sx or brice endoresment (nothing against those, they seem like rad basses) but to get hooked up with some cases for my cab and head would be awfully nice. and of course, keeping my fingers crossed for that g&l deal.

3. klharper

klharper

Oct 16, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Hey! You're Bret from LostOcean right?
    I found you guys on myspace a while ago and even talked to you a bit about your basses (I'm Kevin if you remember).
    Anyways - nope I'm not sponsored either.
    I wish the best for you Bret, and a G&L deal would definitely be sweet.
    Keep up the great work and music - sounds like you guys have done quite a bit recently (but I read taking a little break until next year?). Definitely something that some of the other TB'ers here should go check out! I call it a nice breath of fresh air in today's music scene.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hmmm, let's see, my drummer endorses Gretsch drums and Vater sticks, my guitarist plays Gibbys and SIT strings, I endorse Warwick basses, GK amps (the bomb!), & SIT strings. I also have clothing deals with Sedgewick & Cedar, Live Mechanics, & Ed Hardy. Right now, we're currently in talks with someone from Harley Davidson. I've had other bass deals, but in my heart, I realized that I truly loved Warwicks, so I went back. The only basses that I'd play instead of Warwicks, are MTD's and Sadowsky 24 fret models, but Id HAVE to keep my Stage 1 5 with the Basslines system! :bassist:

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    You're kidding, right? I think if I was in a signed band, I'd aim a little higher than SX and look at someone that makes something other than Chinese $200 or less beginner instruments.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    PM me, I'll give you some insight.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I agree with GK being the bomb. I'm not endorsed, but the first thing I WOULD pursue would be GK.

8. I'd love an Ashdown or Aguilar endorsement.

But for basses I dunno, I like soo many companies. And if I was making good money like that, Id probably be having my own custom basses made for by a private luthier (Probably Stambaugh or Lecompte). But If I had to make a choice for a brand, it would either be Music Man, Warwick, Wal, or Gibson maybe.

9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Quick lesson:

You are not endorsed by a company.

You endorse a company's products.

An endorsement deal is when you agree to endorse someone's product.

10. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I would love to endorse Dean Markley. Strings are the most expensive things a bass player can buy over time, it adds up to a lot. Not having to pay for strings would be AWESOME.

11. dhadleyray

dhadleyray Guest

Dec 7, 2004
    I endorse warwick basses. :)

12. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I'd endorse D'Addario. I've used their strings almost exclusively for over 15 years! ;)

13. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    OHHH...ok. So what is in it for you if you do endorse a product? and how does one go about getting an endorsement deal?

14. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    If you have a Sam Ash store nearby, you can get a one year endorsement deal with them. It isn't a lot of money, something like $100 a month, but it could cover things like strings and sticks... Save the band over a thousand bucks over the year...

I don't remember the exact link to that info. Check out their website or Google "Sam Ash Endorsement".

We don't have a Sam Ash store anywhere nearby, otherwise I'd be all over that deal!

15. I was in a band that had an endorsement deal with a shoe company. We got new shoes every quarter.

16. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Most companies have varying levels of endorsement deals. Anything from great deals on gear to being paid to play the gear. It all depends on what you can do for them.

How do you get one? Well, your ability to get a deal depends on what the company feels you can do for them - in other words, how much gear can you help them sell? If your name is Flea, you can help them move a helluva lot more than if your name is...Jon Packard, for instance. :meh:

Contact the A&R people for each company.

17. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    I was just reading a good article on Janis Ian's web site on endorsment deals

18. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I, too, have a deal with Warwick.

19. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    I am, sort of. :bag:

20. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I'd love to endorse Elites strings, not sure which amps, need to try more. Maybe the new Trace Elliots, gotta play some of them. I'm happy with my DeArmond though, if a bass company could make me a few exact copies of my DeArmond, neck profile etc identical but different woods, pups, fretless would be nice... Otherwise, I'll stick with my bass, it's my favourite.