1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone ever add a preamp to a Conklin GT7?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    :help:I just bought an Aggie OBP-1 (boost only) pre for my groove tools. All the pots and everything are on what looks to be a cirquit board. My question is, has anyone here ever added a preamp to the CGT7 was it extremely hard? The inside looks REAL complicated, aslo the bass has active Barts. Thanks. If you happen to have a GT7 wiring diagram, could you ples post it?

2. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    The GT-7 already has a preamp (at least mine did)--a 2-band Mighty Mite. If it looks complicated to you, it's probably better to pay someone to perform the swap instead of doing it yourself.

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Thanks but I have no plans of doing it myself, I just happened to look inside the cavity and it looked like rocket science. I've got a tech to do the mod, I just wanted to know what the wiring scheme was inside the cavity.