1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone ever book shows for/as GtG's?

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by SnoMan, Nov 29, 2006.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I was just thinking that this could be a pretty cool scenerio. Instead of just getting together and hanging out, get one of your regular venues to do and extended show and just schedule TB bands interested. It wouldn't be your typical GtG, but I imagine it would still be pretty fun and entertaining.

Conflicting styles and many other factors would have to be considered, but being able to go see several TBer's bands live would be pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Dunno......thoughts?

2. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yes, in deed!

Joe

3. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    That would be a great idea if someone could figure out how to pull it off .... :cool:

Of course, it'd end up being a bass wank-fest of the highest magnitude ...

4. +1 to both points.

instead of bands, maybe we could have a TB gig where its just Solo bass dudes, like Jauqo and stuff.

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I already have the go-ahead from the club we did the last PNW GTG at to do just that. I haven't scheduled a date yet, but it probably won't be until spring sometime. In the meantime the club would give anyone from the last GTG serious consideration if they asked for a gig. The manager was very impressed with the level of the players we attracted.

We did an open mike after the last GTG, and I brought in a good drummer and a guitar player who plays lots of styles that are easy to pick up on. But everyone except the 2 of us locals were pretty used up after 4 hours of gear perusal, and no one else hung around to jam. If we had done this earlier in the day it would've worked out pretty well though, I think.

6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    We had a GTG here in NE this past August and Joe Turski (and possibly a few others) organized it and got Mike Dimin to come play a little bit and give a mini clinic. It was nice.

7. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin Banned

Dec 11, 1999
    I should just travel around the country doing GTG shows - the modern day wandering minstral - actually, I really love doing GTG gigs. It is great to meet everyone, learn some real names and put a face to the name. It's great to know what other things people are into besides bass. I have now done 6 GTG performance/clinics plus the initial BassBash 2003. Each one is better than the last.

Mike Dimin

ps: if you want me to come to your GTG ... :)