Anyone ever buy a bass at

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LowEnd Theory, Jun 3, 2005.

1. LowEnd Theory

LowEnd Theory

May 31, 2005
    Hey yall,
    Im considering gettin an acoustic from this site i came across They seem to have some relly good deals...

but I'm a newbie at this sorta thing so i dunno...
    anyone have any opinions about this place? Or do you recommend any?
    I'd love some help....
  2. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    Not a bass, but I've bought a few things there before. Mixers and DI's and whatnot. Very positive experience; they were quick and cheap. Never had to return anything tho...might wanna check their return policy.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, great place to buy from.
  4. bobpond

bobpond Supporting Member

May 23, 2005
    Long Island, New York
    I have not made any guitar purchases, but I did make a purchase of some recording equipment that turned out to be defective (bad desing, not broke), and their return policy was no hassle at all.

Just make sure to keep all the boxes, packaging, etc, until the return period is over.

G.A.S. telling me I want a Ric 4003, based upon my prior experience with them I would consider buying from zzounds on this.

5. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Another adding to the chorus.... bought one bass and one pair of PA speakers; was fully satisfied each time....
  6. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    ....and a load of stuff over the last few years. Very good experiences. They'll beat the lowest price you find also.
  7. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Ditto here.
  8. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Yup, a bass and some random items. Absolutely cool on matching prices, and some really good customer service.

A thumb's up from me.
  9. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    They are really fast at matching or beating a price quote. Do some reasearch on pricing at Music123, musicians friend,,,and
    Find the best price and they will probably beat it.
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Good company, bought a few things, and the guys are great on the phone. Don't think they're commission driven because the guys I get are really chatty and love to talk gear, whether I'm spending $30 or $3000.
  11. Marshes

Sep 20, 2004
    Back around christmas i bought a Ibanez sr505 and it arrived on time. However when i recieved it, the neck was blemished. I called Zzounds up and told them about the situation. They said they would ship me another one right away, and just to send the other one back ASAP. Well the new bass arrived at my doorstep 2 days later on one day air. I had two sr505's in my house and had only payed for one! but then i had to send the other back.

So overall a very good company to work with.
  12. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Bought a mixer there. It was the best deal I could find. Totally satisfied.

13. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I've bought tons of stuff from them over the years, including my last bass. Everything has been great and the one time I had a problem (subwoofer shipped without a power cable) they were really quick about fixing it (sent me a new cable that day, overnight shipping for no charge).
  14. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Zzounds is as reputable, if not more than Musician's Friend. I've bought a number of things from them, one or two having been defective. They've come to the plate every time.