Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone ever buy a mirrored pick guard of pickguards.com?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fr0me0, Oct 25, 2005.

1. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    I'm thinking of buying one for my jazz but only if its would match the chrome at the control knobs well and I really can't tell from their sample pics if it would, does anyone own one?

2. Many people have bought some, including Nino Brown. He had a really nice Geddy Lee jazz, IIRC, which he equipped with a mirror pickguard. They look pretty nice, seem to match the chrome pretty well.

3. I never bought one from them, but I did one time buy a G&L Legacy in red metallic sparkle with a mirrored pickguard. It was a great guitar and got almost as many comments as my pink Strat does today.

4. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Ive got one for my 5 String SX Jazz, havent installed it yet but it does match the chrome. I highly suggest getting one, they are sharp lookin (seen one on one of Nino's basses, check out the pic with all his basses).

5. lenorules1950

lenorules1950

Aug 20, 2004
    Meriden, CT
    I've thought about it, but aren't they fingerprint magnets?

6. I can't afford to... $45 for a hunk of plastic?? No thanks.

- Andrew

7. I got one for my Bongo from dazbootman. He sells P/Gs on Ebay but if you contact him, he can make any kind you need. The one he made for me is absolutely fabulous. :bassist:

8. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Maybe this will give you an impression. Pretty good match, though the chrome is a little more blue-ish.

[​IMG]

9. Naminator01

Naminator01

Oct 29, 2005
    I bought it from my local dealer... put it on my yamaha 6 string the screws were too tight so it shattered see if i can post any pics

10. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I once made one out of mirrored stainless, it made the bass heavy and did something funny to the sound.

11. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    I don't use pickguards except for on my Modj. But imo, it seems a little to showy, but then again what do I know, my bass is sparkle black...