Anyone ever buy from this place?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassist Jay, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    I came across a website called,
    www.musiciangears.com

Everything is on average 50% to 90% off map price. This obviously sounds way to good to be true and I have never even heard of this website before. Has anyone had any experience with them at all?
    Thanks,
    Jay

2. TerenceE

TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Lol. I’ll take a 500w orange rig with a 210 and 115 plus American elite jazz bass one in that olive green colour and one in sea foam green for $800 please

3. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Don't waste your money.

4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Scam, if you get anything at all, it'll be counterfeit junk.

5. laneline

laneline Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    North Jersey
    Ha ha, Maybe this is a tell, a few lines from their "conditions " page
    "A list of the replica product(s) to be exchanged or refunded
    We are not responsible for any import tax charged on your package.
    Expedite Shipping Is Free (7-10 days)" gotta' love this one 90% off & free expedited shipping, dayum.

Bassist Jay likes this.
  6. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    Thank you! My gut was saying they had to be replicas but I couldn’t find anything on their site admitting it. I guess the old saying is true, “If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.”

7. Rumbledore

Rumbledore Inactive

Jun 2, 2018
    peninsula
    wasn't going to click the store link, now reading your comment, yea... definitely not going to click lol

8. MMiller28

MMiller28 Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    It'd be rough to go through life as someone who thinks that could possibly be legitimate.

Manichga likes this.
  9. Apolicious

Apolicious

Jan 16, 2014
    Livingston, MT
    they also list them as "fashion guitars."
    priceless.

10. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Impossible. If it were real the manufacturers could not even make a profit.... As a example an American pro Jazz bass 144.00 dollars... Kidding right?

11. neckdive

neckdive

Oct 11, 2013
    Total scam.

The URL was registered 3 weeks ago at godaddy by someone in China. This is the second one I've seen this month.

Most anyone can slap together an ecommerce site that looks somewhat legit and then fill it with stock photos of products with insanely low prices. Foolish people enter their credit card numbers, personal information, etc and anxiously wait for a shipment that never arrives.

The guitars aren't replicas, they're non-existent. But your money and perhaps your identity just went 'poof'.

Whois musiciangears.com

12. MMiller28

MMiller28 Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Your first clue is that the word "gear" can't be plural in the sense of musical equipment.

13. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I've seen that same site under several different names.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021