Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever catch Crossroads on CMT?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LoJoe, Mar 31, 2004.

1. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    What a cool concept. Put a top country act and a top rock act together for an hour and let them jam on each others songs. I caught it a couple of weeks ago when they had Kid Rock and Hank Williams Jr paired up and it was pretty good. I just watched a recording of the show that they did with Pat Benetar and Martina McBride however and they totally rocked the house. As usual, the bass player got his camera time measured in microseconds, but Pat's husband "Spider" on lead guitar was on fire. What a great show. At least in this old man's opinion. I lusted mightily for Pat Benetar back in the 70's. She's aged nicely well and can still rock pretty good for an old lady.

Here's some of the other matchups:

Willie Nelson/Cheryl Crow
    Brooks & Dunn/ZZ Top
    Lucinda Williams/Elvis Costello
    Dixie Chicks/James Taylor
    Dolly Parton/Melissa Etheridge
    Ryan Adams/Elton John
    Emmylou Harris/Dave Matthews
    Hank Williams Jr./Kid Rock
    Travis Tritt/Ray Charles
    Kenny Chesney/John Mellencamp

CMT Crossroads

2. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    I too try and catch them all. Makes for a smaller and better world of music IMHO. Why is the bass player always so hidden. Heck I would play if they would keep me off camera. One would think they figured the bass player was going to make a mistake or something.

tk

3. Watch Letterman and Will Lee. Will gets more camera time than any bassist on TV. Those hidden bass players are content to pay attention to their groove and think "Without me, y'all suck!"

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Who was on bass? A friend of mine has been playing with Martina for awhile now...just wondering.

Neil Geraldo(?)? They have been a couple for a very long time.
    That's Rock 'n' Roll?! ;)

Old lady? Nice...
    Her daughter ain't too shabby, either.