1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone ever done a detox?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brian Jr., Mar 11, 2008.

1. Has anyone ever done a detox program? For example, I heard this guy on the radio http://www.healthbeginsinthecolon.com/ He sells/promotes these products http://www.ghchealth.com/kits.

Has anyone ever done a detox program? What were your experiences? I've wanted to do it for some time (even before I heard this guy on the radio). I'm looking for some suggestions.

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Musiquefann used to talk about one...or something.

But he kinda disappeared after his penny stock thing fell through.

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I did "The Master Cleanse".

Lining your colon with clay and laying mud mortars isn't exactly what I would call healthy.

It's really a gimmick with those "volcanic clay" ones.

Really dude, you can do the same EXACT thing with eating a fresh vegetable and fruit diet for one month and feel a heck of alot better.

4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Spam?

Also, that second website supports Ron Paul all over the place. I wouldn't trust it.

5. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN

Yeah, I forgot about that dude. He was always selling something.

6. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I miss that thread...started as some dude asking what to do with $1000. Then turned into watching MusiqueFann's stock plummet while he kept telling us it was going to upswing and make him rich.

Whatever happened to SMASH too?

7. Good point. Where's the detox that supports Obama?

I want a detox program that will make me go from :atoz: to :hyper:.

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Every time I use the toilet I detox.

I think "Detoxing" is one of the most riduclous snake oil scams ever foisted on the unsuspecting public. Best detox: drink a lot of water.

9. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    +1

Can't be beaten. Putting additional chemicals into your body is not detoxing it!

10. 2words: raw sauerkraut.

Be sure you get real fermented sauerkraut and no fake made with vinager. The lacto-bacteria in sauerkraut will outcompete bad bacteria. Eat half a pound for 2 days and you will be lot cleaner. Be sure to eat healthy for at least a week afterwards so our colon bacterial life returns to normal.

11. That or you'll permanently damage your O-ring. :atoz:

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I remember that. LMAO. :D

13. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Give yourself a good saline enema...it's cheap & accomplishes the same thing. If your eyes have recently turned brown, it might be the time to do it.

14. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I recommend Fleet brand, but be VERY close to the turlet at all times.

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I detox every week monday through thursday.

16. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    huge +1

you'll actually drop some water weight doing this as well...

17. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Now is this a drug detox...? :)

18. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    The water thing is greatly exagerated:
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

In fact people have DIED as a result. However it's not a bad idea in moderation.

Just cut out all the bad stuff for a few weeks - no fast food, no drink/drugs/caffine.

No gimmicks - just give your body a level playing field and it'll work fine.

Ian

19. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That article is interesting but doesn't really have much to do with this conversation. Drinking a lot of water is good for getting chemicals out of your body, particularly your liver and kidneys, though it's not a "silver bullet" of removing toxins. Nobody here talked about how much you need to avoid being "chronically dehydrated".:atoz:

20. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    A. The snopes article refereing to keeping yourself from being Chronically Dehydrated. So, this has no relation to drinking water in order to detox your body.

B. People have died as a result of what? With how you structured your post it appears that people have died from drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day. It's true that you can overdose on whatever if you're doing something painfully stupid, but you can overdose on anything.

C. "Just cut out all the bad stuff for a few weeks - no fast food, no drink/drugs/caffine." By this do you mean, drink water? Sure, you can throw some juice int here as well, but it wouldn't be entirely necessary if you're already consuming enough vitamins, etc from other foods.

D. That's all I got.

I'm not an expert, I just play one on talkbass! :bassist: