Anyone ever done this before?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Has anyone ever got a set of powerful computer speakers, and got an adaptor jack and plugged their bass into the back?(where the cable from the computer should go). It's a pretty kool little portable amp. :bassist:
  2. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Yes. But IME they don't go anywhere near loud enough for anything other than solo practice or songwriting and tend to suffer from that 'one-note-bass' syndrome due to the 'sub'woofer having a huge peak around the tuning frequency.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I expect that Nick would say this is an advantage, as it saves you having to tune up!! ;)
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Its not a great solution, nick. You'd be better off with a cafe walter headphone amp, if you want really great sound, on the go.
  5. Well, it's just a practice amp. ANd it also let's peopl hear me, rather than this annoying twangy noise, and I can tune with it aswell. I'd like a headphone amp, but I dunno where u get 'em.
  6. I used to do this all the time with a ZOOM 9002 plugged into a small set of Yamaha computer speakers. When I was burning a CD or waiting for something with the computer just pick up the bass and play away. The Yamaha had 2 1/8" inputs in the subwoofer.