1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone ever get a defective set of strings where...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by JGR, Dec 8, 2006.

1. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    one is shorter than the rest? I just picked up another set of Ken Smith Metal Masters and the E string was about 2 inches shorter than the others so that the silk wrap on the end is in the nut slot. :mad: The others have another 2 inches of so of useable string length before the wrap starts. I have a few others sets of these on other basses and they aren't like this... I emailed Ken Smith and asked for a replacement E.....

JR

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Where did you buy the strings from? It's usually best to talk to them first.

3. :cool: I've bought defective sets in the past. D'Addario and Fender are the two that come to mind. The Fender set I took back to the store where I bought them and exchanged them. The D'Addario sets I had purchased mail-order so I contacted D'Addario. They replaced them. I think most string companies will stand behind their products, and most stores do too.

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I bought strings once that had a bowling ball in one of the packages, instead of an E string. I exchanged them as soon as I found out.