Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever get around to procrastinating?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Jan 8, 2003.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I have an ass-ton of homework to do. I really don't want to do it. I know I'm desperate when I start cleaning, like I did earlier today, or when I spend too much time on Talkbass, like I am now. My stupid semester STILL isn't over; I have all of my finals next week. Which means I have papers to write and projects to finish.

Maybe I have some laundry I can do.

2. I feel you brother. Nothing puts me in the mood for reading, cleaning my room, practicing my bass (or mandolin), or getting around to all those other things I want to do, like a good chunk of homework.

Free time? That's for video games.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Ah, that is SO true.

I feel kinda bad bitching about being priveleged enough to go to school and study what I want to so that someday I can have my dream job... but Madden is calling me and I really don't care what the MLS says about my referencing system. Oy.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I know how you feel. I'm homeschooled, am 18, still have 6 courses left to finish, so i can take music theory classes in the fall at LA tech college. the real tech,, not a tech school. But for some reason,,, i just spend all my time on talkbass, or playing bass, or listening to music,, and when i have free time,, i use the bathroom,,,, god i need to get my priorites strait.

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    today was my last day of TOTAL procastination

starting tomorrow 7:00 AM im going back to school

I'm actually happy about it :D

6. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Utter procrastination, that's the way to go!!! i am gonna be bound up again in class on the 21st at good old CU so hey...:eek:

7. huh, procrastination-what is that. ummmmmm, well, does being on talkbass instead of cleaning house mean that. or finding better things to do than cleaning. hmmmmmmm, yeah, i guess i am one also. i like a clean house, however, sometimes it seems that is all i do, clean, cook, wash, work. so i have fun instead at times:D
    wow, bigwill, did not know you played mandolin. i could sit for hours listening to the sound of that. it is so unique. :D

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    story of my life

9. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Last night I was at home with no plans, so I decided to go to a meditation class.

I mean, I figured it beat just sitting around doing nothing...

...:D

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah that's why I almost failed out of college. There was an assignment that was suppose to take us like... ohhh 2 months to finish. I started doing it the night it was due. But I also suffer from being a dumbass... so I've got two strikes against me right there.

11. I know about procrastination. I have a Pathology exam tomorrow morning, which i missed most of the lectures for, but yet I'm currently on TB and I can't quite seem to drag myself upstairs to revise. When I do, I'll probably just end up playing GTA3 anyway :p.

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I refer you to my sig.

13. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Procrastination... the bain of my life... That should be my new years resolution...

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    ohhhhhhhhhhh I'll do it later!

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah...I'm a huge procrastinator...thats like all I do.

Every so often I may get the urge to do something productive, and I'll focuse a good deal of time and energy on it(cleaning my room, building something, practicing Turntable stuff, doing homework)

unfortunatly for me my School schedule is so lax for me that I can afford to procrastinate on homework.
    I don't have a 2nd or 3rd period so everyday after English class, I do the homework for 4th and maybe 5th
    6th period(music Theory AP) we rarely have homework, and when we do its easy. Its really only 4th and 5th that I have homework, that is time consuming, all the time. English AP homework is easy.

So since I CAN I do...but then sometimes someone wants to do something during 2nd or 3rd period that involves me, and then I can't get my work done because I'm so set on my easy schedule that I don't think to do it any other time.

oh well.

one thing I've never slacked on is Practicing bass, no matter what mood I'm in I can always pick up my bass and play.

16. Not I. It's been on my to-do list for over a year now, but I always seem to find an excuse to put it off for another day. I guess I'll just never be a good procrastinator.

17. Mandolin gets you major chickage

:D :D :D

18. I am in the act right now, actually. Half an hour ago I came up to the computer to start my paper on Local Govt. that we have had for a month and it is due tommarow, and so far I've only been on talkbass. It is only due in 13 hours, so really I don't have start it for another few hours or so.

19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sorry Im so late, but I put off checking out this thread till later......

Peace
    Nick

20. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    True story here......A month or so ago, AOL had a link to a quiz on their sign on screen titled "Are you a procrastinator? Take this quiz and see". I instantly was interested, and just before I went to click the link, I thought to myself "nah.....I'll check it out later". It took me about 30 seconds to realize what I actually did.....I laughed off and on all night about that, and never did check out the quiz......I guess I failed lol.