Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever get ripped off from Talkbass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I just made my third buy off this place and i have had nothing but good results.

But i'm just curious, has anyone had a bad buying expirence off this place? For the most part everyone seems legit, but there are always a select few who can ruin it some someone.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, I will just say, that this can be a volatile thread. We must NOT mention names. We can share situations, but that is it.

That said, all I have had is good results. Except one, which was with someone overseas. We were going to do a trade, but nothing ever showed up. So I never send the trade stuff, and told them to forget it. No harm done, I suppose. Otherwise, I have had superb results.

That first bit sounds so Mod-like. Scary.... ;) :smug:

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Oh, and obviously, if someone mentions a deal that went wrong, and you (meaning anyone who replies) were involved, don't post to argue about it, please... PM them if you must, but don't fill up the thread.

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Just close it now, it can only go bad ....

:mad:

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Not if we keep control of our replies. Refer to my first post.

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Personally, I feel bad experiences should be shared along with the good ones, so we can know who is a good seller, and who isn't. See the above stickied "I bought this on talkbass" thread for more of this.

No need for another thread, I will go ahead and close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.