Anyone ever go on vacation here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York

Well my parents have yet again taken steped up and booked a vacation without even asking us if they thought we (my brothers and I) would like it there, nore did they ask if we had plans to go anywhere else, and I do, but nevermind that.

Sinse im going to be forced to go there, I just wanted to know if there's anything for 16-17 year olds to do there, I've looked on the website and it doesn't look like my cup of tea at all. Im not one to go on vacations at all, But I have to stay there for 7 days. When I could be going upstate to my friends house and just ATV around and play really loud music, instead I'll just be bored out of my mind.

BTW - You may think im ungreatful for this trip my parents paid for, but I just dont like vacations, my brothers never give it a rest, its always lets do this come on come on lets go quickly, Lets do this now for the 300th time. And I find that im more relaxed at my house hanging out with my friends than at some stupid resort. So yeah...
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, me too. Have a fun boring time!!

3. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    This sucks, the most any thing has ever sucked before. Like I could be going ATVing for 5 days, and just blowing things up, lighting fires, god this sucks, im gonna talk to my mom about letting my brother take a friend and I'll pay them whatever amount of money it cost for me to go with them, even though they didn't ask me in the first place.
  4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I'd try to make the best of it. Last summer I went up to Prince Edward Island for a couple weeks. I didn't want to go at all and thought I was going to bored out of my mind. It actually turned out alright.

Ask your parents if you can go exploring the place a little on your own, meet some cute girls etc.

5. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Beileve me If I end up going, and I probably will, Im going off on my own. Im taking money with me and just doing whatever I legally can. But I would still rather go upstate with my friend with our new amps lol. And just turn them up to 10 and go deaf.

Nobody up there cares what we do, so we make little explosives and things, my friend is good with those type of things. And he has all sorts of motorized crap we can use. So dammit I want to go there.
  6. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Bring a bass and a book. That's what I always did when i was on vacation as a kid. I hated going to boring places. Now when I get a chance to go on vacation I usually go to my parents house in NY and sit by the pool reading.

Weird how that works.
  7. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    When you grow a few years older, you start to appriciate the trips your parents pay you :p

Looks cool, anyways. I bet there's a bunch of other teens their parents have dragged there, and you'll end up at some wild party and end up passing out while throwing up in the gutter, only to have to meet your enraged folks while having the most horrendous hangover ever.

Oh, the glory days.. :smug:
  8. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Yeah I doubt that will happen...But im hoping I can talk my way out of going. And I know I'll want them in the future, but the summer has been such a waste already, im not wasting an intire week doing absolutly nothing. At least if I end up doing nothing around here, it'll be with my friends. So I dont know, if I end up going though, my school books will be read, and my bass will come with me. I dont intend on doing any more than that. Besides eating and sleeping.
  9. I met a couple of girls when I went in that area when I was 14

so it may not be all bad
  10. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Tremblant is a very nice place to go. If it's not your cup of tea, then it's not very far from st-sauveur or morin eights. You have some cool clubs in mont-rolland also. I don't know when you will be there but George thourogood, styx anf others will be playing in mont-rolland this summer.
    And you are not that far from montreal.
  11. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Ahh nothing like SUMMERTIME at a SKI RESORT :eyebrow: . Are your parents on drugs? joke :p If it was the winter, I'd be itchin to go, but from the looks of it in the summer time, yeah bring a book. And a bass. And lots of music.
  12. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Yeah I dont know, I wish I had my lisence than I would have no problem going so at least I could drive where ever I wanted to. But I dont yet. November. :(
  13. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Hancuff yourself to something in your house, and swallow the key. Then your parents will have to leave, and you just stay there until nature takes it course and you free yourself. Works everytime. Of course, you ARE immobile for a day or so..... :meh:
  14. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Uh, you might want to talk to a professional about these urges. This kind of thing can get you in serious trouble.
  15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    They actually aren't legally allowed to give one to you until you can spell it properly.

16. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    lol, I've been out of school for a while so my spelling and grammer are gone. And as for blowing things up. Im not talking cars or anything. :smug: Im taking little wiffle balls and whatnot crammed with gun powder.

Where my friend lives, he literally is legally allowed to walk out onto his deck and just start cranking off rounds from a gun into his back yard, and there's no garbage pickup, so they have to burn their garbage, there for the fires.

Im not stupid when it comes to explosives and fires, beileve me. All the fires and explosives are conducted in safe and controlled enviornment. His parents are ex-cops, so they wont let him do anything that'll get him in trouble.

Anyways back to my I got into a fight with my mom and she's pretty pissed off, she thinks I have an attitude after I was up at 7am asking if she wanted breakfeast to made for her. So I dont know, maybe she'll leave me home :smug:

I dont know, I also wish we were going in the winter, than I could just snowboard all day. But in the summer...
  17. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Tremblant is a fun place. I've been there lots of times, not really as a vacation, just on weekends. There's a blues festival there every summer. In the winter, alpine skiing is a big attraction. Never got to ski there though. Not really a place to be for more than 5 days.
  18. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    That's why I love upstate New York. Going on vacation with your parents is no big deal though; we've all had to put up with it. I've been forced to go from beach house to beach house for half my summer ever year. It sucks. It still sucks. I live with it though, and now that I can drive, it's not so bad ;)
  19. Well I got a season pass there for the winter and it is without a doubt the best snowboarding and skiing in the Laurentians. If you're going there in the summer there is amazing mountain biking and some very difficult golf courses. There are many other activities for guests. So to I'd say that sounds like a great vacation! Have fun!
  20. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    They have mountain biking there? Do you have to go with a group?