Anyone ever had any bass related deams?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassman1185, May 15, 2002.

1. I know you're all gann think I'm psycho, but i've actually had three. In one, I had an Ashbory, and I took it al over the place. That was kinda cool. Then I had a deamed that I pulled an Ibanez Soundgear (Sr885, i think. Yeah, I probably am crazy) out of my dresser drawer. I had another one recently, but i can't remember it. i do know there was a bass thoug. Please tell me I'm not the only one that's this hooked on bass!
  2. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I've had dreams where I'm on stage playing with various bands and/or people if that makes you feel any better. :D
  3. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    i had a dream..... about john turner
    it didn't involve.. kittys , mayonase or sensual massages.. or bikini waxes..
    well the next week i was sleeping and i had a dream.. that a witch turned john turner into a bird who thought he was a lumberjack......
    he was a lumberjack so he could chop down trees and build bigger basses.. there was a B3 tour.. with him, jaco and the dead corpse of Jerry Garcia... jerry played a 24 string un doubled bass made my John turner... and jaco. played.... a jaco bass....
    word..... thats all i gotta say
  4. Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    the only bass related dream i've ever had happened actually just two days ago... i was at a Bad Brains concert and for some reason Darryl wasn't there, so they asked the crowd if anyone played bass... i said i did and they pulled me up... somehow magically i had my own bass, and we played I Luv I Jah and it was the greatest dream i've ever had :)
  5. i had a dream once where my bass exploded into bits of shaving cream.

I also had a dream last night where my family had a public lynching of me using the tire swing in the back yard.:(
  6. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I've had this dream a few times: I'm jamming with some people at a party, and I'm playing an instrument I built myself. It looks kind of like a giant sitar. It has a huge, round body like a 5-foot tall gourd, and the neck is fixed to the gourd so that it lays horizontal to the floor and rests on my shoulder. It's sounds deep and loud, and in my dream, my hands never get tired!
  7. Sounds like you've got yourself a calling there. :D
  8. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I dreamed I was watching Charlie Haden play and when I looked carefully to see what he was doing with his right hand I noticed he was using a pick :eek:
  9. I dreamed that I could actually play the bass. Maybe it was a premonition... Or not.
  10. Hmmm....yep, two dreams that I can remember involved basses of some sort.

The first was the night I got my Ibanez SR 405. I dreamed that my band was just about to get up on stage, and I was a little nervous so I ran to the bathroom. While I was standing there facing the wall, I suddenly realize, "Oh crap! I didn't bring my bass!" And...then I woke up.
    I think that's about as close to a night mare as I've ever gotten. =P

The other one was just a couple nights ago. I dreamed that my Spector NS 2000/4 was by my side 24/7 (which it practically is, anyway).
    Anyway, in the dream I had gotten it customized so that it had an internal amp or something, because I was running around town with it unplugged and just playing the most random things as I was crossing the street, waiting for the pedestrian light to go green, looking at things in a store window etc.
    Then it started to rain so I ran into a car park for cover, and when I looked at my bass the rain had eaten out chunks of the body and neck, and it had also miraculously eaten away the frets, giving me a brand spaking new fretless bass. As soon as I noticed that the frets were gone, the rest of the bass got fixed up, and then...I woke up. :(
  11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've had the same dreams. Bands like Rush, Metallica, Creed & countless other bands.
  12. I had a terrible nightmare last year where I thought I had forgotten my bass on a subway train. Luckily I remembered I had just leaned it against a firepost(?) in the subway station, but before I found it i felt really terrible!
  13. Well, I was fronting this band and all these beautiful but frustrated, young, unattached women rushed over to me and.....

Oh. Err, sorry....... ;)

14. Hmmmm... I had one really odd dream.

I am a big fan of U2 and I love Adam Clayton's custom Auerswald (spelling?) that he used in POPmart.

So of course, my dream involved me playing a concert with U2, and I got to use Adam's lovely yellow bass.

The wierd part is, the concert was in my front garden, and there was about two dozen people sitting crosslegged in the dirt having one blast of a time.

15. I had a wierd one a while back where a band was playing some freaky stuff on instruments which were actually weapons. Swords and pikes and stuff. The crowd was all bald, dressed in matt black, and in that impeccable but strange dream logic they showed great attention to the band by all turning precisely away from the band and not saying or doing anything.

Then these giant metal disks started falling from the sky and crushed everyone. They bled in different colours except the musicians, whose blood boiled from the floor into the air and became sound.

As for bass related stuff, the closest I get is dreaming about fretboards. And once I woke up convinced that I lived inside a twelve-string guitar.
  16. OK, I feel much less crazy now.:D
  17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I've had two. the first actually became a song, and has been in one shape or another, played in every band I've ever been in. The second was some sort of anxiety dream. I got a call from the local music store saying I had won a bass. It was a type I'd never heard of before, but they said it was a great one so I was psyched. I go to the store, and the guy behind the counter hands me a giant bass size butter knife with bass strings scotch taped to it. Very frustrating.
  18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What design was on the blotter?
  19. I've had a couple of dreams involving bass. In one dream I was at my old high school and found a bass on the stage in the hall. The strings were really loose but it still played in tune and I played really well.

I've had a couple of others in which I play a really great song, it sounds original and I think 'wow this is a great song!'. Of course I forget the thing when I wake up! :mad: :p
  20. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Once I met Chris Squire and we did a 2-bass jam together, with Bill Bruford on drums. That was a wonderful experience. Of course, unfortunately, it was just a dream.

All the best,