1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone ever had back luck with GK customer service?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by busta_bird, Apr 19, 2010.

1. busta_bird

busta_bird

Mar 11, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I recently bought a MB115 a few weeks ago and recently found out that the headphone jack doesn't work. The customer service person directed me to find a service center from their site. As one isn't close to me, he said I could either drive far or send them the amp, but the later would be expensive. I said that the easiest/cheapest solution for me was to return it to Guitar Center. I've not heard anything back, but I would have expected them to pay for the shipping to their facility as other manufacturers do. I also didn't expect him to be fine with me simply returning the product. I love the amp so I'll likely just exchange it at GC. Anyone had any negative dealings with them? Perhaps I'm just looking too much into it...

2. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Since you just got it, why didn't you just go to GC in the first place?

I wouldn't call Sony if I bought a new TV at Best Buy and it started acting up 2 weeks later.

3. Peter Lufrano

Peter Lufrano Blues. and nothing but the Blues. Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Berkeley, CA
    G-K has ALWAYS been rock solid for me as far as customer service goes. Always prompt to respond to emails, always able to get a tech on the telephone (when calling during business hours obviously) and always able to resolve any issue quickly and accurately.

4. busta_bird

busta_bird

Mar 11, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I treat musical equipment the same way as firearms.. I try to work with the manufacturer first as most of them prefer this route.

5. busta_bird

busta_bird

Mar 11, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Good to hear. I'll probably just swap it out at Guitar Center. I love their new MB series. The fact that their president answered my MB questions on the forum really pushed it over the top.

6. busta_bird

busta_bird

Mar 11, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Well, I was at the 33 day mark when I finally realized that the XLR/phone jacks don't work. I had to drive 40 miles to a service center. The guy at the service center has been trying to contact GK for 4 days now to get schematics, but he hasn't heard back. Just want a working MB back :(

7. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    I'm not sure I've ever dealt with a company where they paid for the shipping from me to them, so I'm not sure that's a fair argument. Perhaps huge companies do this, but realistically, GK isn't a massive company, like Fender.

I've had nothing but positive dealings with GK's customer service. I've played GK since I started playing bass, and will likely continue to do so until I die.

8. busta_bird

busta_bird

Mar 11, 2010
    Lexington, KY

I'm glad. This is my first and it isn't going too well. The amp sounds fantastic, if only any of the outputs worked.

9. busta_bird

busta_bird

Mar 11, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I have no idea what to do now. GK still won't return calls/emails to their authorized service center. The center has had my MB115 for almost 2 weeks and they can't even begin to fix it until they get the schematics. I've emailed Brian at GK and haven't gotten a response from him either. Anyone have any pointers?

10. Maybe pm fellow TBer B-string. He seems to know some of the ins and outs of dealing with GK and has very good knowledge of GK gear.