Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever have a dream about a bass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Funny thing is that I'm pushing forty, and I can't remember dreaming about anything since I was a kid. Except for those random dreams everyone gets that don't make much sense.

This dream was one of those dreams that you get when you wake up early and then fall back asleep, and it was three events rolled into one. Here are the events that took place that made up this twisted version. 1. I have a bass on order that should be delivered on Tuesday. 2. It will be delivered to my place of employment. 3. I picked up the War of the Worlds dvd and watched it last night. What happened in the movie didn't have anything to do with it though. Although that would have been cool.

Okay, so here it is. The description is pretty short, but it seemed like it went on for quite a while. I actually got more than two hours of sleep when I had this dream.

Me and my co-workers are all at work when my bass arrives, I open the box and play it for them, one of them is a guitarist, I let him try it out. Everyone thinks it's great and that's that. Fast forward towards the end of the day and we all decide to go to the movies after work is done. You would think I would rather go home and play my new bass. When we get there we decide to go see War of the Worlds. Shortly after the movie starts I have to go to the restroom, so I exit the theater but I can't find the restroom. The lay out of this theater is more like a very large motel\hotel with outside terrace.(remember it's a dream) I spend quite a while looking for the restroom asking directions along the way but to no avail I can't find a restroom and decide to go home. I get home and my house is somewhat trashed and sitting on my coffee table is my bosses son, on the floor is my open bass case with my new bass inside. I ask him how did he find my house, how did he get in, and what happened. He gets up and leaves and then I wake up. That's it, the dream is over. (??) Well,.....actually I left out quite a bit of detail. This dream was very vivid and I am surprised I remember so much of it. I just don't want you guys to over analyzing me. ;) :) Share I will if you ask, but honestly it is nothing too freaky. It would have just made it drawn out.

The point of me telling you all this. I'm just glad that there are still things in my life, like music and getting a new bass that still makes me feel like a kid again.

So, anyone else have dreams about music in general? A new bass, dreams of rock stardom?

2. M.D.S.

M.D.S.

Nov 8, 2004
    Scotland
    I once had a dream about finding a mint condition vintage Rickenbacker 4001 for sale in a pawn shop for £50...

And that was pretty much it... Nice dream though... :)

3. i had a dream that i was fishing once...it's close...

4. Ha ha, and did you happen to catch a bass?

That really is a dream ;)

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    sometimes when i just started out, i occasionally dreamed of practicing.

and i think i got better by the morning, too. :D