Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever have this problem?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Ethon, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    This is going to be a really terribly written post, so forgive me in advance...

Does this happen to anyone else?

It seems like every week when we play shows on Fridays, something always happens during the week/that day that just ALWAYS bothers me...It usually something thats really hard to take my mind off of (I/girlfriend's family problems, etc)...

Tonight was one of those nights. We were playing at a bar in downtown Akron, OH that only had like 10 people in it :-/ ANYWAYS...we played a pretty rockin' non-stop hour set, until we got to our last song, Comfortably Numb by Floyd...I could NOT, for the LIFE of me, remember the end chorus progression...I think I tried every note each of the 3 times we played it, and it just sounded terrible :(

I need to not let things get to me on stage so much, so we can just rock out even more!

Oh well, besides that, it was a good show, and we got paid...which is always a plus!

Again, thanks for putting up with my late night complaining ;)

2. What can you do, you know? Stop playing all together and the crowd will notice. Play sour notes until you find your place puts the song on track for a trainwreck. Lose either way.

But getting paid is definately good.

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

If this type of thing happens, it's usually because you haven't played/practiced the song enough for it to be instinctive.
    There's going to "issues" every week of your life.

So...find your weaknesses in the songs that you perform, and work on them until you get_it_down.