1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone ever hear of Overton amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GP Bass Mike, May 21, 2011.

1. I bought an Overton Feather weight 500wt head at the 2011 NAMM show and i love it. you all should check out this company. it provides a very good mix of tone. somewhat like a mix between and Edan Traveler and a SWR Goliath. trust me you wont be disappointed in checking them out :bassist:

2. davec

davec Supporting Member Commercial User

May 4, 2006
    bartlett illinois
    Owner; Cody Electric Basses
    agreed!

3. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I got a Flyweight 200. I took it to the gig the day I got it, and was prepared to be underwhelmed. Boy, was I wrong! I was figuring "it's only 200 watts, I'll probably be swapping back to my MB F-1 in a minute..." WRONG. I kept that little monster all night, and now, having played a coupla-few gigs with it, it is now my main amp, my beloved F-1 now "riding the pine"!!! Actually been thinking about getting the 500W Featherweight, but I am afraid. I'm scared I will rip a hole in the time-space continuum if I have that much power on tap.

The F-1 has been my main squeeze for the last 3-4 years, I loved the light weight, the fact that I could slip it in my gigbag, and it had unreal tone with power to spare. Now, I am even more spoiled- better tone (to my ears), lighter weight, more features, and Shazam! - I am an Overton convert! It has powerful, muscular tone, lighter than the F-1, and I have been complimented by both musicians and non-musicians alike on my tone. The customer support is phenomenal- I emailed the company with a few questions on Superbowl Sunday, thinking "they'll get back to me on Monday, after their hangovers clear up" and was shocked that within minutes, I had started a dialog with them...and they answered all my questions, were very polite and professional, and by the third quarter, I had my order in. They were even concerned that they wouldn't be able to ship until Tuesday- not a problem! I got it Friday, in time for the gig. Slipped it into a Viewsonic projector bag, and off I went...I had originally thought of it as maybe a cool practice/small gig amp, not having the wattage of my F-1, but threw that idea right out the back door of the club!

Get one, you'll be amazed, shocked, and very glad you did! :bassist:

BTW, I am using it paired to my Schroeder 410L. I may try it with my MB NY604 pair next...but it's hard to fix something that ain't broke!

4. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
  5. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Just when I am trying to save up to go on my vacation in the next couple weeks...

6. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
    I used the Flyweight 500 for a gig the other night. It was real punchy and massive sounding! It really shook the Earth. Still fooling around with the controls a little to dial in some different tones. I've never had a tone quite like that, clean and massive with headroom to burn. Only 4.5 pounds. Am planning on making a little wooden case to carry it with. I used it with 2 Schroeder cabs. And only $400.

7. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
    Has anyone else bought one of these?