Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever heard of Chuck Archard?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by StrudelBass, Aug 16, 2002.

1. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    He's the author of my new book Building Bass Lines. Inside the book is a picture of him and he looks so familiar. Anyone know this guy? I swear I've seen his pic around here.

2. He look's like paul gasgoine, you probably won't know him he's a famous footballer. Sorry i can't help you find out who it is though.

3. Whoever he is, he looks very happy.

I believe he may be under the influence of a chemical stimulant.:D

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    He's the bass player for a band in florida caled groovelogic there amazing really really good mainly due to this guy. He's usually found in that disney park something island where they have all the clubs and bars. He also teaches most of the decent bass players in the orlando area. He plays a 5 string fretted steinberg and a four string fender ABG. Looks kind of goofy on stage but hes probably the best bass player I heard live.

Hope this helps.

5. balembic

balembic

Oct 17, 2003
    Huntington, WV
    I know this is an OLD thread but I thought I would throw my two cents in since I was listing him as an influence and teacher on my profile.

I had the honor of having Chuck at my high school while he was fulfilling his student teaching requirements for his undergrad degree at Morehead State University in KY. I can't begin to list all the things that I learned from him about bass, music, and life. He was not only a great teacher, he became a friend.

Years later while I was attending MSU working toward my BME, Chuck returned to get his Masters. So I was once again able to study with him.

Though I don't sound like him or begin to play like him and it's been twenty years since we first met, I can barely think about bass and not think of Chuck. :bassist:

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Can you give us a bit more info about him I think hes a fantastic player. I know he wrote a book do you remember what it's called I might have to pick it up.

Thanks in advance

7. Yeah I know him, he's down as one of my tutors.
    I've got a couple of books by him (including 'Building...') and they have helped my out infinitly :)

8. balembic

balembic

Oct 17, 2003
    Huntington, WV
    He is a great person and musician to get to know. If you would like to contact him by email just message me. I don't want to post his address here for the spam bots to get.:bassist:

9. Tatertot

Tatertot

Jan 16, 2013
    Old thread, I know... But FYI -

Chuck runs the jazz program at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL. He is one of the foremost studio players in Orlando and is a regular in the Disney parks and the local jazz scene. He also writes for Bass Player magazine and has his instructional books as well.

I studied with Chuck at Rollins... one of the best teachers I ever had.

Best to you all!!