anyone ever heard of Jackyl?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JoBo-86, Jan 7, 2002.

1. has anyone one ever heard of a band called Jackyl? I think my bass teacher (Tom Bettini) used to play in that band and I've heard theyve released a few albums. Just wondering, thanks.
  2. notduane

Nov 24, 2000

j/k! They was on the tail-end of the whole late 80's/early 90's
    metal scene. More like good ol' fashioned, raunchy, southern-fried
    hard rock :D. Some pretty good tunes off their debut, including
    "Lumberjack" (not a tree-hugger's fave :rolleyes::p ). First melodic use
    of a chainsaw I can recall (not sure about the Tubes).

There are samples at
  3. Both The Tubes and Wendy O' Williams used a chainsaw. Not sure of the dates on those.

The Tubes used the chainsaw in more of a Latin/Pop groove. :D
  4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Didn't Jackyl play in the WoodStock reunion of the mid-nineties? (Not the latest WoodStock.) If I recall correctly,the singer wore an Uncle Sam kind of outfit and hat. They had like ONE hit that played on MTV about that time.
  5. Bop, I think your thinking of Push Comes to Shove, which is the title track from their second album. They kinda remind me of kid rock minus the rap. I would be surprised if they were an infuence on kid rock's "original" sound. (I don't see what's so original about another rap metal band, but aparently he take punk rock and he mixes it with the hip hop... yadda yadda). I use to love Jackyl, they are still alright in my book. A tad cheesy, but I grew up on 80's Megadeth so what can I say? Rock-A-Ho, is hilarious. It should have made it on the cheesiest/funniest song thread I started. It's a heartwarming tale from the perspective of an indian chief telling of all the sex he has and whatnot. Jackyl is cool. Tom Bettini was their bassist, yep. Tell your teacher basegetar said, "Rok N' Rowal."
  6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    They just played in Fargo a few months ago (can't quite remember the date exactly). I went and seen em, just for kicks. They put on a hell of a good show. Very entertaining band to go see.
  7. I keep trying to get my band to cover that song, but they are afraid we will be asked not to come back. All kidding aside my wife is our lead singer, and she is willing to learn a couple songs on bass, and or guitar/keyboards, but she does not want me to unsheath a chainsaw onstage for my vocal debut. Remeber Jackyl made it on VH1's top 40 hair bands of all time.
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Unfortunately, yes.
  9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Rrrn rrrn rrrn rrrn rrrn rrrn!

Rrrn rrrn rrrn rrrn rrrn rrrn!
  10. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    "She loves my Cock!"
  11. duff_hodges

May 15, 2000
    Suffolk, UK
    LOL I have heard one of their songs called: Mental Masturbation. !!!!! Funny as hell. Its on the Beavis And Butthead Experience Album.