Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever heard of Wolfstone?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Feb 17, 2005.

1. They have dis-banded now, but they were from Scotland...........kinda celtic rock. Anyone else heard of them?

2. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Yep. They used to be a regular feature of New Years Eve TV here, along with Capercaillie and Runrig. I tried to avoid them like the plague.

3. WHY?!?! Runrig are possibly the best band in Britain. Capercaille are good too, and Wolfstone were awesome. I grew up listening to music like that. Why don't you like it? :confused:

4. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    Do I get bonus points for being the first American to have heard of them?

Doesn't really float my boat, but my roommate loves 'em.

5. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Sure. Played a couple of festivals with them when I was in a Celtic rock band myself (more on the Irish side than Scottish). They were good, and nice guys too.

6. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    We could just leave it at "I just don't really like it" although that wouldn't come anywhere near describing how loathsome I find music of that type. It's not so much the music as everything that goes with it... the Braveheart inspired nationalism etc. Horrible.

7. :confused: I know Runrig wrote Alba, but that's the only thing I've ever heard from them that's been nationalistic. Plus Malcolm Jones owns on guitar. :cool:

8. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    No, I'm talking about a certain subsection of their fanbase. Some scottish people are very anti-english, and I really, really hate that. It's not Runrig's fault, but they inevitably attract these scum.

9. Well, the truth is Runrig own. They beat mediocre bands like U2 out of sight.

10. A few million U2 fans would beg to differ.

11. Runrig own U2 in EVERY way. Malcolm Jones pwns the Edge out of sight.