1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone ever modify a Boss molded pedalboard, i.e BCB-30/BCB-60???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by YCBass, Sep 5, 2008.

1. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    I got a BCB-30 this week and it's awesome, it's exactly what I want - just a small and compact board since I only have 4 pedals (3 Boss' and a wah).

Anyway, the patch cables that came with it aren't very good... I really do hear some signal loss. I want to use better cables but there isn't enough room in between the pedals to fit a typical better quality right angle plug (i.e. GH)... I was thinking of cutting/filing the small grooves that hold the pedals in place and just use velcro - to get the extra 2 mm or so to fit a bigger plug.

I also checked out lavacables.com and they do have a good quality plug that will fit, problem is it's like $85 for 5 patch cables...

Any other ideas/suggestions? To those who has modified theirs, how did you do it?

Thanks!

Pedalboard.

2. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Nobody?

3. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Apr 4, 2008
    Ireland
    Hi, used to have this case. I work a lot with plastics. I suggest that you use an electric dremmell with a smooth sanding head to modify for your elbow jack plugs.

When I used this, set up - the one thing that bugged me was I preferred to use batteries for noise free sound: You have to remove the link cables when out of use, or your batteries will drain out. Does anyone know of link "short elbow patch cables" with an on/off switch - Or any suggestsions ? Sorry to answer a question with a question.

4. dubsymmetry

dubsymmetry

Mar 13, 2008
    you have to physically remove the plug or else the pedal won´t stop being turned on; a cable with a switch that mutes the signal won´t help - if that´s what you meant. if misunderstood, my apologies.

5. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Apr 4, 2008
    Ireland
    Thanks for your reply. I assumed that if one of the cables had a broken circut by intervention of a switch; it would not make a connection & thereby save the battery.

6. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Thanks for the reply Bassman 100... I will have to try that.

7. That won't work to save the battery. The connection is made to ground on the sleeve of the input jack (a Tip-Ring-Sleeve female jack with the ground connection broken between the ring and sleeve tabs on the pedal, the ground is made by the sleeve of the male connector on the cable). Unless you had a TRS connector with a switch that made and broke a Ring-Sleeve connection you are SOL.

8. FortessOne

FortessOne

Nov 8, 2004
    I think George L cables should fit. :)