anyone ever modify their L2500\2000???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 25, 2003.

1. I've personally found no need to modify mine, but I'm wondering if any of you have decided to or already have changed some part of your bass.
  2. NO! :eek: why would you ever think about doing such a thing :confused:
  3. has never dawned on my mind...:D
    just wondering if anyone ever has or would.I can't even think of what to add.
  4. just messing around. I don't really know what you could do to thing honestly. if you wanted to put new electronics in there you would have to do some routing for any other type of pickups. the only thing I could think of that might appeal to some is that you could put a pickguard of some kind on there. that's about all I can think of.

oh and then you could add a drop D tuner. which really is not a mod but just a hardware change. I might do that to mine. but that is a pretty common thing these days.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is one of the few basses that I would never modify. Those are perfect with the factory setup. No need to improve on what Leo got right the first time.:)[​IMG]
  6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i own a L2000

it's a great bass by itself. really peculiar. no EMG or barts here, it's a bass with its own sound and with ptoprietary technology.

i did not modify the bass. and the only useful mods could be a pan pot instead ot rhe 3 position switch to select the pickups.

that's all-
  7. KAC

Oct 9, 2002
    I put a different brand of strings on it! Oh yeah - I changed the battery as well. No wait - maybe that's stock.

Here's a picture of my bass with the string mod:
  8. jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    I knew a guy who had an L2500 that was modified with EMG p/us & a u-retro. The U retro fits perfect.

It was a totally different bass, but it was very cool & sounded awesome.
  9. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

hey, i did that "string mod" on my L-2000 too! ;) sounds great with DR Highbeams.