anyone ever own a Burny Les Paul copy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B-Mac, Aug 26, 2018.

1. B-Mac

B-Mac Happiness is a warm puppy and a great bass Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Came across this

Burny LSB 65 and I have to say that I am intrigued
    Burny-LSB-65-Les-Paul-Type-FGI-Active-Preamp-_57.jpg

2. Eon Sky

Eon Sky Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Pacific Northwest
    Guitar player in my band has a Burny Les Paul guitar and it's one of his main players. Haven't personally played any of their basses, but he swears by it.

SirMjac28 likes this.
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    MIJ brand I don't think you can go wrong.

4. I’ve been wanting to try a Burny T-Bird forever. Generally good reviews on the brand from what I’ve seen.

5. B-Mac

B-Mac Happiness is a warm puppy and a great bass Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Are they actually still around (brand new) or just a used market?

6. Smacky the Frog

Smacky the Frog

Nov 15, 2006
    I own a few Greco's. Very similar to Burny MIJ Brand.

Have yet to play a Burny that isn't incredible

B-Mac likes this.
  7. Yeah. Still around. The MIJ's are being made in the Tokai factory, I believe, and I forget which factory the Made In China models are made at. Burny is owned by Fernandes, btw.

B-Mac likes this.
  8. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Burny, Edwards, Greco, early Tokai MIJ stuff is all excellent in my experience. As good or better than the "real" Fenders and Gibsons being produced during the same period, IMO.

B-Mac and Killed_by_Death like this.
  9. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    IIRC, Burny, Greco, Edwards & Fernandes are/were all built out of the Fuji Gen Gakki that were also producing Ibanez guitars. Tokai were built at a different facility.

Burny & Greco even had the same serial numbering protocol as Ibanez up to the mid-80's (Month Letter, the next 2 digits Year, then serial No. so a model with "C80*******" was made in March 1980).

Used to have a number of late 70's/early 80's Ibanez and various Tokai's from early 80's to late 90's a while back. Researched as much as I could about Greco/Burny and other MIJ brands at that time too. Unforunately, all of those classic MIJ instruments have gone on to new owners.

The MIJ Greco Thunderbird is still on my want list, as is the Greco Mirage and their GrecoFaker.

B-Mac likes this.
  10. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    After saying that, I have a Tokai Thunderbird incoming... ooops. :D