1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone ever play a Schecter Diamond Series Stiletto deluxe 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Getserious, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Getserious

Getserious

Jan 21, 2005
    i just got one and i think its a great instrument just wanted to know what could i do to improve it like pickups and things like that

2. snake

snake

Jul 21, 2004
    Aurora. CO
    If you just got one and you think it's a great instrument, why would you want to do anything to it until you've played it awhile?

3. Getserious

Getserious

Jan 21, 2005
    i think its great but what i'm saying is i know theres better pickups than some no name pickups and i would like to know what are the best strings i should be using

4. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I would change the strings before even THINKING about pu swap. If the new strings don't do it for you - then think about changing pu/electronics. I would give myself at least a month before starting the electronic/pu mods....
    Give yourself some time to realize your likes/dislikes about the sound. Then you can better address what replacements you need.
    Not to mention, if you like it...you save a lot of money/time by keeping it stock. Money you will never see if you ever sell it. I know from experience.

EDIT: forgot to talk about strings...

I love DR Low Riders. The Stainless Steel ones are really nice, but I think I like the nickels a little better. I use .45-.105's.