anyone ever play a Schecter Diamond Series Stiletto deluxe 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Getserious, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Getserious

Jan 21, 2005
    i just got one and i think its a great instrument just wanted to know what could i do to improve it like pickups and things like that
  2. snake

Jul 21, 2004
    Aurora. CO
    If you just got one and you think it's a great instrument, why would you want to do anything to it until you've played it awhile?
  3. Getserious

Jan 21, 2005
    i think its great but what i'm saying is i know theres better pickups than some no name pickups and i would like to know what are the best strings i should be using
  4. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I would change the strings before even THINKING about pu swap. If the new strings don't do it for you - then think about changing pu/electronics. I would give myself at least a month before starting the electronic/pu mods....
    Give yourself some time to realize your likes/dislikes about the sound. Then you can better address what replacements you need.
    Not to mention, if you like save a lot of money/time by keeping it stock. Money you will never see if you ever sell it. I know from experience.

EDIT: forgot to talk about strings...

I love DR Low Riders. The Stainless Steel ones are really nice, but I think I like the nickels a little better. I use .45-.105's.