Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone ever play aria basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by punkbassist14, Feb 14, 2002.

1. I want to play punk I'm thinking an IGB-40. and sould I upgrade the pickups?

thanks

[​IMG]

2. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    you mean degrade them? j/k

how about some seymour duncan quarter pounders?

3. My first bass was an Aria TSB-400 (similar to the ones they made in the 80's, like the one Cliff Burton used to play, but with two pups) Still have it and play it from time to time. Not a bad bass, relatively speaking. Huge sentimental value.

4. you could also go for an Aria IGB 65 which already has Seymour Duncans in it.... (btw. here is a pic of my Aria IGB 68..)

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I owned an Aria 5 string. Forgot the model but I payed around $400 new. I loved the feel and the finish - the pickups and electronics left a lot to be desired however. The bass fed back when I faced an amp. The squealy kind of feedback.

And, I don't usually do this kind of thing but I was amused by Wahburn's Signature and since it was left with a question - well I'm gonna venture a guess here that.......

- You need to use tab
    - You can't can't play with your fingers
    - 5 Strings confuse you
    - You don't know how to play chords
    - You don't understand theory
    - Blink 182 is one of the few bands you can copy the basslines from
    - You couldn't dream of being able to understand or handle an acoustic bass
    - You haven't listened to nearly enough Jaco yet

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. Most of the above is true of myself also :) .

6. I have no problem whatsoever with the electronics on my Aria, never had any feedback from the amp.

When I was looking for a new 4 string bass about a year ago I never for a second thought about checking out Aria basses, but when I saw one in a store I thought what the heck and I tried it, immediatley fell in love with it. Really the action is fast, it has a great neck a very nicely curved body (plays very comfortable) and it's an easy slapper. Aria basses are very underated (don't know about the ultra cheap aria basses, but the IGB series kick $#$)...

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Joe Nerve, LOL!!! So true! Ahh. I remember when I was young and dumb too. Fondly....

Don't believe theory, huh? REally? Try playing a fretless deliberately out of tune and see how good it sounds.

8. thanks guys

I plan on upgradeing to SDs sometime after i get it