Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever play through an Ashdown 810?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philzbass, Mar 10, 2006.

1. It's all in the title. I'm just wondering what they sound like, I think they look great but I've never had a chance to play through one. Are they similar to an Ampeg 810? Or do they sound alot different?

2. terrelli721

terrelli721

Mar 19, 2006
    Indianapolis
    I just got a ashdown mag 810 t and I'm using a kustom groove 1200 watt head with it. I love it, and I'm thinking about getting another 810 to go with it. They sell them online at www.americanmusical.com for 649 with free shipping.

3. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    What about the ABM's?

4. ukbassboy

ukbassboy

Mar 19, 2006
    UK
    Ummm, just listen to most of the UK bands at the moment. At a massive outdoor concert on UK tv recently, I would estimate around 2/3 of the bassists were playing ABM Evo 500s and 810s.They sounded great!

5. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    the bassist of Blue October plays through one and sounds good. not sure if it's MAG or ABM

6. 1kinal

1kinal

Jan 18, 2006
    Montreal, Qc. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    Got to play the ABM 8x10 today, and I have to say this is awsome!!

I was running it with a ABM 900 EVOII and the sound nothing less than perfect. Great lows, not boomy, crisp mids and clean highs.

I've not tried this head with an Ampeg 8x10, but I doubt it would be any better.

If you want a 810, I'd recommend you to take a look at it.

7. HELLonWHEELS

HELLonWHEELS

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Whats the deal with that Ashdown 810 combo. Has anybody played through one of those?