1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone ever played an Ibanez Promethean P5115K 210 tilt back combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TimBosby, Mar 9, 2013.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    So, in light of the problem I'm having described here, I'm trying out different combos.

Ideally I want a combo that is 300-600 watts, 50 lbs or less (40 lbs or less even better), something that will not hum and hiss... and I seem to have trouble with Class D amplifiers. Under $800. As far under $800 as possible.

The Ibanez Promethean P5115K 210 500-watt combo would be perfect... it is discontinued, but there's a store on Ebay that has them for about $635 shipped. Extensive online research revealed it's about 40 lbs. The only problem is it's Class D. So I'm afraid it will be noisy.

The other option is a Markbass CMD 102p. But it's 46 lbs and only 300 watts. And more expensive. But I think it's analog so will probably quieter.

Anyone ever played the Promethean combo described above and have any noise issues?

My house is well grounded and my amps are usually quiet. Even my Genz Benz Streamliner 900 which is also Class D.

2. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

Feb 10, 2010
    Nude Zealand
    You read the replies to your past thread didn't you? The noise issue has nothing to do with the class of amplifier. Some amps are noisy, some are not, A/B, D, H, whatever. Your own experience obviously bears this out.

My Markbass F1 (class D) is just a little noisy. My TC RH450 (class D) is dead quiet, and seems to be quite resistant to ground hums.

3. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Yeah. I'm not quite sure what to do except keep trying amps :)

4. eban3

eban3 Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Palm Bay FL
    I have the smaller promethian with the 1 10 and tweeter , normally I'm not much of an ibanez fan f ...this amp is a monster .love it......also i dont think its discontinued its still on there web site but all the order by net or 800 # shops like musicians fiend have the line listed as discontinued

5. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    My bad, this is a 115 combo not a 210. Either way though, still interested.