Anyone ever played one of these?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Jon223, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Wow, check out these awesome EUBs. Awesome prices too.

they look good to me. They have nylon strings though, i wonder how they sound. I cant pick it out of the sound clips with my dinky little laptop speakers. Sooo so cheap, and they look real portable.
    This might be the ticket for me.
  2. Any opinions? What do you think about em?
  3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    They'd make really great walking sticks.
  4. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    You could tuck your jacket under the strings if you get too warm.
  5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    This is what happens when you live in paradise, have too much time on your hands and smoke waaaaay too much weed.
  6. well, the nylons probly alot easier to play on than steel or gut.
    I think.
    Its ok though, ill probly never get one.
  7. Konabob

Konabob Konaweb LLC

Jan 9, 2004
    Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
    Hi Jon,

I answered some of these questions over on the Bass Guitar Forum under your post:
    Cool bass the DB guys wont look at...

Write me directly, and I can give you a list of people you can email directly. (People who have bought them from me)

As I mentioned, I did not start out to make a better 4 string bass... I set out to make myself a light, transportable upright bass that travels well, can be played in an open tuning (slack key) with a sound quality that I would be happy with while backing up other musicians.

If you have downloaded the free Quicktime Player, check out the mp4 movie on my site if not, you will have to settle for the mp3. The movie says a lot about the playing style used with open tunings.

47 basses later, I am still playing slack key style on a 3 string bass. I love playing Hawaiian, uptempo swing and bluegrass.

Here in Hawaii, a lot of musicians travel by plane. I have had 3 friends lose DBs to United Airline cargo gorillas. When I fly with my stick bass, they don't even know it's a musical instrument as the gig bag makes it look like a fishing pole or maybe a single golf club. I just walk right on with a smile...

Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for at least looking at my site. Have enjoyed some nice emails from this group.

If you ever get to Kona, look me up. I do play my stick bass at gigs - The Kona Brew Bub is the easiest place to catch me.

8. You can check out this thread as well...

After some tweeking, the owner seems MORE than satisfied.

You should offer these things with pre-amps as an option. I know the price would increase, but market research has proven that most people prefer one-stop shopping.

BTW I'd be quite interested in hearing a .mp3 as well.