Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever played The Dig?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bardolph, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Man, I miss that game. We used to have it but the disk got lost. Couldn't find it on limewire, and needless to say you don't see it in stores (1995 game). Is there no way I can ever play it again? :(

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  3. Ah, another fellow adventure game fan! :)

The Dig is a great game. You could probably contact Lucasarts and they could hook you up with a copy -- I think they still sell their old game bundles.

On the topic, here's a shameless plug to my freeware adventure games (very Lucasarts-style games, worth the download): http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelopers.com

4. Oh The Dig was excellent, but not the best, I feel, of all those LucasArts games. The Fate of Atlantis was amazing, and the best adventure game of all time, which I couldn't complete because of a fatal error in my version, has to be the Grim Fandango.

That game is utter brilliance. If ANYBODY knows where I could get that to play it start to finish, I would sell my soul to get it!

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have it. Works fine star to finish; I can see about burning it.

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I think Lucas Arts's oldie games are still available on their website, so The Dig might be among them.