1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone ever regretted selling their first bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nuno.ka, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Bettyrocker23

Bettyrocker23

Jun 8, 2007
    Chico, CA
    haha, i regret being stupid and leaving my first bass in my car over night in LA. it was a vintage fender musicmaster, and i will never see it again

2. phatduckk

phatduckk

May 24, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    i still have mine. he's been upgraded to hell and back now. he started as an epiphone PJ. now he's got a new warmoth neck, a badass 2, on its 4th set up pups (farlins now) and has a uretro in it. its a damn nice bass ctually but i sure had to toss a ton of $ into it over the years to get it this way... but theres no way i was gonna sell it or just let it sit useless in the corner

3. nuno.ka

nuno.ka

Feb 11, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Yes I'm kind of nostalgic and I think I'd miss it. I also put some money in upgrades. Gotoh bridge, basslines active pickup, shiny knobs and Ernie Ball flats. But I'm gasing so much for the Squier VM fretless, I just don't know... would you sell this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    No way! That thing is sexy. :) I almost sold my Ibanez RD300 (a great little bass) to fund an Epi T-Bird... A T-BIRD!!! I hate those things now! Seriously though, you will regret selling you're first bass to fund something such as a Squier which will lose it's appeal in a few years... or less.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021