Anyone ever replace their MIM Jazz pickguard?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by TJBass, Apr 5, 2004.

1. If so, where did you get the new one and did it fit properly? I would like to get a new one preferably not white like the stock MIM guard is.
  2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Warmoth is a bit pricey for pickguards.

Ebay usually has some cheaper ones. For ultimate selection, check out
  4. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    I have a MIM Jazz in my collection that needed a pickguard. I got one from AllParts. It was fitted for a vintage-era Jazz bass, but I liked the pattern so I bought it. I had to drill an extra screw hole and do some other very small mods to make it fit. The bridge p-up hole didn't line up properly-but my Dremmel tool allowed me to do a very small routing job.

Most of the replacement pickguards on the market are for MIA and vintage basses, so you may run into the same problem.
  5. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i had a custom one made for my lefty mim jazz 4 - it looks like the Marcus Miller type pick guard - it's really nice.
  6. I bought a beautiful "vintage" tortoise shell for my MIM fretless from W-D Music Products :
    (941) 337-7575. Cost about $50.00 plus shipping. All it needed was some slight filing in the corners of the pickup cutout. I got one from Stew-Mac for about half that price but returned it because it wasn't an exact fit....screw holes didn't line up and had the screw holes for the pickup cover that MIM's don't have.