1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone ever rewire the pickup switch on their Lakland?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TrooperFarva, Sep 17, 2008.

1. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    My Lakland is due in a few weeks. I was looking at the electronics, and the pickup selector switch is used to select what coil in the humbucker is used, it's setup for Neck/Both/Bridge.

I find the selector switch on my Sterling to be very useful. It's also a 3-way switch for the Humbucker, except it's Series/Single Coil/Parallel. This configuration seems a lot more useful to me.

Has anyone ever rewired their Lakland pickup selector switch for Series/Parallel operation?

2. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Bump

No one did this mod? Really?

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I know it's not a Lakland, but I done the same to a Cort GB74, which had the exact same setup, 'cept the pickups are MightyMite.

I found that both single coil modes sounded the same, so mine is now single/parallel/series.

4. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    wait til you try it.
    I get a good jazz bass sound with bridge coil mode and blend pot equal with neck pickup.
    you won't get a true musicman sound, as pickup is too close to the bridge.
    The pickups are split coil humbers...each coil, so you can't change wiring between coils as they are not singles in the humbucker.
    Really two humbuckers in one cover

5. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    No but I'd love to try it. Let us know if you find a way to do it.