Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever run two combo amps together?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stinsok, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Just wondering if maybe someone was running a 2 combo system.

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    What query do you suggest that would answer this specific question without wading through endless post about combos?

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Just type a title search under Combo amps (plural). I had 3 come up in the first page. ;)Nevermind. Here ya go.

Heres one Heres another Heres a good one Last one

4. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I used to run a Harkte 3500 1x15 combo with a Hartke 410 Transporter sitting on top of it powered by a GK 400RB. I never got around to adding an actual crossover, but I did EQ them in a way to get the most out of the setup. The GK was all for the top end and the 1x15 Harkte was all bottom. It was a killer rig. I ran out of my Stereo Bass Chorus pedal into each amp separately, so it gave a great modulation between them. I would do it again in a heartbeat, maybe with a little different selection of amps however, but it worked great for me.