1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone ever seen one of these?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Smacky the Frog, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Smacky the Frog

Smacky the Frog

Nov 15, 2006
  2. I see em every once in a while. I think Musicians Friend is still selling them, but they're not very common at most Guitar Centers. From what I've heard, they're great basses.

3. And it's a "Percision", too!

4. I've played them and they are nice, but both pickups are always on because there is only one volume and one tone control. If you want to get the vintage P tone, you will have to install another pot or a three-way switch so you can isolate the neck pickup.

Never mind above, I looked at the picture again and it is the vol-vol-tone version. Nice bass, very versatile.

5. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Looks like MIM (judging from the price too)

6. playibanez

playibanez

Apr 3, 2006
    U.S.
    the neck pup looks like its a lil closer to the bridge? or is that just me?

i dont get whats so special about a 250 dollar pj fender?

7. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I believe it's just a fender special p-bass, price doesn't seem too bad, I had one in black with gold pickguard, had it for a short while. Wasn't bad just not my cup of tea. It's MIM btw

8. it's just you...looks like the right spot to me

see here (a basic P)

[​IMG]

9. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Musiciansfriend does still sell them. They are called Deluxe P-Bass Special, and the new price is $599.

10. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    this particular model is discontinued. The one they sell now look similar but it's active. It is MIM. Very nice bass! although i have only played the active one. Good price though. If i remember correctly, they didnt change the price, just added the active electronics.

11. steveinohio

steveinohio

May 27, 2007
    Didnt they call that the Hot Rod P Bass? Anyone? Anyone??....

12. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I believe they did good sir.

13. The American versions were called Hot Rod Precisions, Mexican and other imports(including Squiers)were called Precision Specials.