anyone ever slice their fingers on bass strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 27, 2003.

1. anyone ever slice their fingers on bass strings?
    I've heard stories about this kinda stuff...only time it ever happened to me was when I was taking out a string, cut it, and while I was throwing it away, it whipped onto my hand and left a nice mark on my palm.....j\w if weird stuff like that happened to you guys
  2. Infested_Leming

Jun 29, 2003
    Closest thing to cutting my fingers on my strings is when I pop sometimes I rip up the top of my finger.
  3. I only scraped my index and middle fingers by popping stainless steel strings too hard.
  4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    yeh the popping thing happened to me when i firste started, dosent happen much now, but i have a blister on top of a blood blister(yes two blisters, one on top of the other) on my right, middle finger, from playing two gigs yesterday
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Only from slapping a new set of steels...had blood splattered all over the maple fretboard on my Stingray and the white pickguard. One hell of a mess to clean up. New meaning to the term 'blood, sweat and tears' on my bass :D
  6. Sliced open? Maybe, don't recall specificallly. Gotten my fair share of blisters and painful little mini-cuts due to playing hard with dry skin, though. I tend to hurt myself more playing guitar...see this thread.