Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone ever slice their fingers on bass strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 27, 2003.

1. anyone ever slice their fingers on bass strings?
    I've heard stories about this kinda stuff...only time it ever happened to me was when I was taking out a string, cut it, and while I was throwing it away, it whipped onto my hand and left a nice mark on my palm.....j\w if weird stuff like that happened to you guys

2. Infested_Leming

Infested_Leming

Jun 29, 2003
    Canada
    Closest thing to cutting my fingers on my strings is when I pop sometimes I rip up the top of my finger.

3. I only scraped my index and middle fingers by popping stainless steel strings too hard.

4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    yeh the popping thing happened to me when i firste started, dosent happen much now, but i have a blister on top of a blood blister(yes two blisters, one on top of the other) on my right, middle finger, from playing two gigs yesterday

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Only from slapping a new set of steels...had blood splattered all over the maple fretboard on my Stingray and the white pickguard. One hell of a mess to clean up. New meaning to the term 'blood, sweat and tears' on my bass :D

6. Sliced open? Maybe, don't recall specificallly. Gotten my fair share of blisters and painful little mini-cuts due to playing hard with dry skin, though. I tend to hurt myself more playing guitar...see this thread.