Anyone ever tried one of these...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Creep, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    It's called the "Slap Bass" by Rooster a company out of Siberia. I check out the sound clip...sounded pretty cool. I was just wondering of anyone actually got there mitts on one of these things.
  2. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    I've used some of their stuff before.

Slap Bass does not at all mean it is an EQ pedal for slapping. So instantly put that out of your head. That is if you were thinking it. Its more or less another cheap distortion pedal that offers EQ settings that make it sound like you are "slapping." IMHO it is a novelty pedal. Much like the Rammstein pedal they also offer. Almost all their pedals are novelty emulators.

Fun to collect, kinda like baseball cards, but not for the price. Still the metal casing is nice enough that it could be a project pedal if you like playing with stuff.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm more interested in the guitarists' tone... but that is a cool pedal considering I haven't perfected slapping yet. Maybe, but no money.
  4. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    tplyons, if you want money I might want to comission you for a pedal project.
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Sounds similar to Justin Chancellor's tone to me.
  6. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    It did sound sort of Toolish. You could probably just tweak a Sansamp BDDI to get that tone. I thought for sure there would be some slapping going on but....for some reason I was picturing a drunken, bearded guy in boots wearing thick pants and multiple jackets :meh: