1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone ever try a Rane AP-13 preamp on DB?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Touch, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Touch

Touch

Aug 7, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Our guitar player has one and I thought I might borrow it and try it out. It has 2 channels (mic and piezo), 2 graphic eqs and 2 effects loops.

Anyone ever try it on DB?

Thanks,

Touch

2. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I just got one. No mic to play with yet, but my old fishman piezos seem to need about the top half of the eq sliders pretty much rolled back. I have also had to pull back the gain quite a bit. At about 8:00 now. I'm looking into getting some kind of comression or low-pass filter to put in front and keep the thing from clipping at the input. I think since it's designed for accoustic guitar, the lower harmonics of the bass are making it clip. (note that I'm pretty much a novice and have only really played it in a small room.)

On searches, though, there are a bunch of TBers using it, so I shall continue to tweak.

Anyone else have advice, pickup, mic, amp, or cab reccommendations for this preamp? I'm using a WM12 or an Eden Metro. Or my 210xlt cab + ???.

Cheers

3. Touch

Touch

Aug 7, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Wow!

My four-year old thread comes to life!

Touch