Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever try a Rane AP-13 preamp on DB?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Touch, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Touch

Touch

Aug 7, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Our guitar player has one and I thought I might borrow it and try it out. It has 2 channels (mic and piezo), 2 graphic eqs and 2 effects loops.

Anyone ever try it on DB?

Thanks,

Touch

2. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I just got one. No mic to play with yet, but my old fishman piezos seem to need about the top half of the eq sliders pretty much rolled back. I have also had to pull back the gain quite a bit. At about 8:00 now. I'm looking into getting some kind of comression or low-pass filter to put in front and keep the thing from clipping at the input. I think since it's designed for accoustic guitar, the lower harmonics of the bass are making it clip. (note that I'm pretty much a novice and have only really played it in a small room.)

On searches, though, there are a bunch of TBers using it, so I shall continue to tweak.

Anyone else have advice, pickup, mic, amp, or cab reccommendations for this preamp? I'm using a WM12 or an Eden Metro. Or my 210xlt cab + ???.

Cheers

3. Touch

Touch

Aug 7, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Wow!

My four-year old thread comes to life!

Touch