Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone ever use www.spun.com?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Mar 2, 2005.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ever traded through spun.com? They don't give you that much (just about like most other places) but they have a huge selection of DVDs and CDs to trade for. I used to sell most of my used cds on Ebay and I would typically get more than selling them at the local used CD store but I just can't get motivated to go through the trouble for mere cds anymore and it's so easy to just search and click on spun. If you trade in 3 CDs they'll send you a box to ship it free and if you trade in $30 worth of stuff they'll pay for the shipping of whatever you choose to trade for. Last night I traded in about $40 worth of CDs that I haven't listened to in ages and won't listen to (including some stuff that my wife's mom gave us for whatever reason). They'll send me the stuff I traded for and I used the same box with an included shipping label to send my CDs back to them.

Anyway...have you used spun and have you had a good experience?

brad cook

2. brossmac

brossmac

Mar 1, 2005
    Camas, WA
    I have probably done 4 or 5 trades with Spun. Just like most used places, you don't get a whole lot for them. But it is convenient (they ship CDs you purchase in the same box you send your trades in with). I've never gotten bum discs from them.

Plus, they do have a pretty good selection. So you can trade in those discs you don't like for something you really want.

I'd rate them very highly.

Brad