Anyone ever used a Pro audio multi effects unit?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GrooveDude, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Has anyone ever used like a Behringer Virtulaizer, TC electronics, or anything thats made for pro sound but you are usuing it for your rig. I have thought about it cuz they are cheap, and really the only thing I would use is chorus (maybe) octave, and a flanger would be cool.

just a thought

BTW Behringer has this thing they call a ultra bass pro. I'ts basically a octave effect.....really cheap....anyone had experience with it?

2. Yeah, I use rack equipment and will never use anything else. But you have to consider to have something that can bring up your signal up to pro level, i.e. something with an instrument input and a pro level output.

BTW. I don't consider Behringer professional equipment because in the end you get what you pay for.... the stuff is very cheaply made. Period.

I have a Behringer DSP-1100P. It doesn't do the job. That's why I got a Roland AP-700 to replace it. A unit TEN times the price, but it does what it's supposed to do.
  3. so what effects do you use most often?

I know Behringer isnt the was the first thing that popped in my mind is all

4. I've used a couple of my rack FX units with bass (mostly in an FX loop from my mixer). They work well, and with the case of the programmable types, are quite good because the presets can be selected via front panel or footswitch.

Do they sound good? Yes.

But i'd rather have individual pedals that can be selected and twiddled independently. Also any multi-FX unit is a mixed-bag - 30% of the FX might sound righteous but 70% sound like arse (or vice-versa) - individual pedals is the only way to achieve FX nirvana.

But, a rack multi-FX is an option. My most-used is a Zoom RFX2000 - presets, MIDI (incl. tempo-matched delays), too many FX, easy to use, SPDIF out, CHEAP!